BakChang and foreigners
Went to boyfriend's hometown during the weekend and his mom got us some bak chang, aka glutinous rice dumpling, to bring back.
So happened we had 2 friends visiting and staying overnight at our place. We served them bak chang. The English girl had one and the Spanish guy ate 3! They were in Petaling Street earlier and saw people selling them but wouldn't dare to try. Now they are happy and satisfied they tasted it.
The next day I bring one to work for the client to try. He's Finnish and been in Malaysia for 2 years but never seen anything like that. Not surprising. He was suspicious at first but when I unwrapped the leaves and showed him the rice and pork inside, it gave him more confident to try. He tried it later in the day but he didn't finish it. He's Finnish anyway. Hah.
Cool.. English, Spanish, Finnish and the glutinous rice dumpling.
So happened we had 2 friends visiting and staying overnight at our place. We served them bak chang. The English girl had one and the Spanish guy ate 3! They were in Petaling Street earlier and saw people selling them but wouldn't dare to try. Now they are happy and satisfied they tasted it.
The next day I bring one to work for the client to try. He's Finnish and been in Malaysia for 2 years but never seen anything like that. Not surprising. He was suspicious at first but when I unwrapped the leaves and showed him the rice and pork inside, it gave him more confident to try. He tried it later in the day but he didn't finish it. He's Finnish anyway. Hah.
Cool.. English, Spanish, Finnish and the glutinous rice dumpling.
1 Comments:
Bak chang is my absolute favourite. But I don't like the sweet one. I like the one with pork and salted egg yolk. Yummy! I can eat 3 a day!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home