thanks to Mr Nice Taxi Driver
This incident happened yesterday.
I hailed a taxi downstairs at the apartment where I live to the LRT station to get to work. Was chatting with the taxi driver along the way. At the LRT station I walked passed the manual entrance without showing my monthly pass as there is no one there to check.
One station before my work place destination, my phone rang and some unknown 019 number was calling. I didn't managed to answer the call as I was listening to my MP3s and did not hear the phone rang. Looking at the Missed Calls list, there was another unknown 017 number and I wonder about all these unknown numbers calling me lately. Then the 019 number called again. This must be someone really looking for me for him/her to call twice.
It was the taxi driver. He said my card dropped in his taxi. Card, what card? He further asked how did I went inside the train without the card. I looked down at the landyard hanging from my neck. There is no card. My monthly LRT pass!! Shit, the whole sleeve with the monthly pass disconnect from the hook! He asked when do I want to take it back and says he'll be around that area. Knowing there will be a policeman checking the tickets in my destination LRT station and I do not want any hassle, I told the taxi driver I am turning back to get it from him. He agreed and said will wait for me at the station where he dropped me. I texted my boss telling him I'd be late because I dropped something in the taxi.
I had earlier wrote my name and number behind the monthly pass. If it slipped out from the sleeve and if someone picked it up they can return it to me. It was just a precaution measure. It never occur to me that the whole sleeve might disconnect from its hook!
Fifteen minutes later I was at the initial LRT station. I had to explain to the ticket checker lady at the manual exit that I dropped my monthly pass outside. She is kind enough to let me passed. I called the 019 number and asked what is his number plate. Yellow car and number 7xxx (which I only remember the initial number now). I found his cab at the end of the taxis lining up. He walked out of the cab and handed me my monthly pass. He said I was lucky I wrote my name and number at the back of the card. I thanked him.
Heading back to the LRT station, passing the manual entrance, again I told the story to the ticket checker lady. She said I was lucky the taxi driver is honest. Yes, thanks a lot to the Mr Nice taxi Driver. And I was lucky the monthly pass dropped inside his taxi and not on the street.
I hailed a taxi downstairs at the apartment where I live to the LRT station to get to work. Was chatting with the taxi driver along the way. At the LRT station I walked passed the manual entrance without showing my monthly pass as there is no one there to check.
One station before my work place destination, my phone rang and some unknown 019 number was calling. I didn't managed to answer the call as I was listening to my MP3s and did not hear the phone rang. Looking at the Missed Calls list, there was another unknown 017 number and I wonder about all these unknown numbers calling me lately. Then the 019 number called again. This must be someone really looking for me for him/her to call twice.
It was the taxi driver. He said my card dropped in his taxi. Card, what card? He further asked how did I went inside the train without the card. I looked down at the landyard hanging from my neck. There is no card. My monthly LRT pass!! Shit, the whole sleeve with the monthly pass disconnect from the hook! He asked when do I want to take it back and says he'll be around that area. Knowing there will be a policeman checking the tickets in my destination LRT station and I do not want any hassle, I told the taxi driver I am turning back to get it from him. He agreed and said will wait for me at the station where he dropped me. I texted my boss telling him I'd be late because I dropped something in the taxi.
I had earlier wrote my name and number behind the monthly pass. If it slipped out from the sleeve and if someone picked it up they can return it to me. It was just a precaution measure. It never occur to me that the whole sleeve might disconnect from its hook!
Fifteen minutes later I was at the initial LRT station. I had to explain to the ticket checker lady at the manual exit that I dropped my monthly pass outside. She is kind enough to let me passed. I called the 019 number and asked what is his number plate. Yellow car and number 7xxx (which I only remember the initial number now). I found his cab at the end of the taxis lining up. He walked out of the cab and handed me my monthly pass. He said I was lucky I wrote my name and number at the back of the card. I thanked him.
Heading back to the LRT station, passing the manual entrance, again I told the story to the ticket checker lady. She said I was lucky the taxi driver is honest. Yes, thanks a lot to the Mr Nice taxi Driver. And I was lucky the monthly pass dropped inside his taxi and not on the street.




2 Comments:
Phew! You won't find another one, I assure you. Many couldn't be bothered. This is Mr Nice probably because you actually chatted with him. Thank goodness for that. :)
Hello Kruy, thanks for dropping by my blog :) Yay, mr nice guy. I met similar nice taxi driver from KLIA before. Something like this. :)
Cheers, Charlene.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home