Saturday, October 06, 2007

CCTV camera

It has been quite some time since I really blog, to sit down and pen my thought using pen and paper (well it's actually typing using a computer keyboard but pen and paper still sounds a lot more better, maybe it makes the whole thing sounds thoughtful).

Yesterday marked history in my workplace. Why? Because we just had the CCTV camera installed. None of us like it but we cannot argue with so-called company policy that every call centre should have one. I mean like, come on, we only have 15 people in total and there are only about maximum 5 people per shift and we are in a confined space of our own about the size of a basketball court. And because we are in such a small group we bond very well with each other, we are more like friends than colleagues. So far as long as the project has been running for 1.5 years no theft occurred (touch wood!). We are not like some call centres with hundreds of people where there are a lot of people and movements all the time. In such a small space with a CCTV camera on 24/7? Made us feel like animals in the zoo, or worst like Big Brother only difference is that we are not in a reality TV show.

I cannot deny that deep down it make sense. However I also cannot help but feel violated of my privacy and trust in performing my job. I wonder if the camera captured me blogging this in office, can it ZOOM IN close enough on my computer screen and find out this blog address??? *gulp*

2 Comments:

Blogger Primrose said...

My company has CCTVs all over. It's uncomfortable. I wouldn't be able to dig my nose or scratch my butt now without anyone watching. :)

10/17/2007 12:16 am  
Blogger Primrose said...

Wei, coming to one whole month ler wor. So long no updates geh? Ahh, I have an excuse for you to update. I've tagged you. Inform me when you've done it ok? I'd really love to read your responses.

11/03/2007 12:55 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home