Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Merdeka 50

Two more days to mark the 50th anniversary of our independence. I anticipate it's going to a grand celebration; grand-er street parade and fireworks, not to mention a much bigger crowd than the yearly ones.

Pos Malaysia is issuing the special stamps and first day covers on the Golden Jubilee Celebration of Independence of Malaysia on the day itself, the 31st August 2007. I am defnitely going to get my hands on them.

I am also going to stay home glued to the TV to catch the live telecast of the special celebration. Not that I want to go out anyway, since the city is going to be packed with people and the road closures will results in public transport being full especially the LRTs.

The 31st August also marked the end of my graveyard shifts. I remembered working and blogging on my final night shift last year on Merdeka eve. Ah, it brings back nostalgic memories of those night shifts working...

Selamat menyambut 50 tahun kemerdekaan, Malaysia.
Merdeka!

1 Comments:

Blogger Primrose said...

Hope the weekend was good. I woke up early to watch the perarakan on tv too! Never went close to town that day. I remember your post last year. :) Your graveyard shifts lasts how long in a year?

9/01/2007 10:55 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home