what is your best moment?
Mine is lying lazily at home on a Saturday.
Turn on the radio, turn on the music, turn up the volume. Draw down the curtain to keep out the heat and sunshine glare, keeping enough natural light in the room and keep the room at room temperature.
Eyes close and just listen to the music, feel the rhythm, feel the emotion. Eyes close and sing along to the song or just humming to the melody, making noise to the music as if there is no tomorrow. Singing and dancing in my most natural self, my own style. Lying on the sofa, on the bed, on the floor. Reading a book, newspaper or magazine, anything interesting at the moment. The mind wonders into the words read, far away into the wizardry world of Harry Potter, into the east-meets-west-world told by Amy Tan. When the eyes gets tired, the brain goes into a nap, the head drops down on the pillow to slumberland. Wakes up, snacks and reads again, and fall asleep again. Writing this in such atmosphere adds the inspiration.
Ah, simple yet satisfying. Pleasure.. When I was still in my parents place and working night shifts last year, moments like these were magical and precious.
I recently learnt that I am actually an introvert person although friends might describe me as outgoing. Being an introvert does not mean that I do not like to social, I do (well, I prefer to choose my social groups). Being an introvert means that I need time alone to recharge, to refresh myself from all the buzz going around. Solitude can be a very good companion if you allow it at the right time.
I am back to savouring my best moment.
Do you have a best moment?
Turn on the radio, turn on the music, turn up the volume. Draw down the curtain to keep out the heat and sunshine glare, keeping enough natural light in the room and keep the room at room temperature.
Eyes close and just listen to the music, feel the rhythm, feel the emotion. Eyes close and sing along to the song or just humming to the melody, making noise to the music as if there is no tomorrow. Singing and dancing in my most natural self, my own style. Lying on the sofa, on the bed, on the floor. Reading a book, newspaper or magazine, anything interesting at the moment. The mind wonders into the words read, far away into the wizardry world of Harry Potter, into the east-meets-west-world told by Amy Tan. When the eyes gets tired, the brain goes into a nap, the head drops down on the pillow to slumberland. Wakes up, snacks and reads again, and fall asleep again. Writing this in such atmosphere adds the inspiration.
Ah, simple yet satisfying. Pleasure.. When I was still in my parents place and working night shifts last year, moments like these were magical and precious.
I recently learnt that I am actually an introvert person although friends might describe me as outgoing. Being an introvert does not mean that I do not like to social, I do (well, I prefer to choose my social groups). Being an introvert means that I need time alone to recharge, to refresh myself from all the buzz going around. Solitude can be a very good companion if you allow it at the right time.
I am back to savouring my best moment.
Do you have a best moment?
1 Comments:
I have to agree with you how much you blogged about introvert. Because I am same like you. Cheers and have a good weekend.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home